Things to Remember
- DUES – Pay State and National portion of Membership Dues to Georgia PTA.
- ACCOUNTING – Keep the books up to date at all times.
- BUDGET – Review and ensure that it still meets the needs of the organization. Also, did your fall fundraiser make more than expected. Consider amending your budget at your December PTA Meeting to reflect this extra income. Then your Executive Committee will also want to think about what to do with these extra funds (allocating more to committees who have requested higher budgets, create an appropriations model).
- DEPOSITS – Make all deposits promptly and with all the proper paperwork.
- PAYMENTS – Make all payments by check promptly and with all the proper paperwork.
- BANK STATEMENTS – Reconcile and review by the President and a non-signing third party. (this is required per our Bonding Insurance)
- TREASURER REPORT – Give at every Executive Committee, Board of Directors and General Membership meetings.
Many forms including Treasurer checklist are found on the state PTA website: